Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bentley Poster Design



I feel that this poster was my best creation because it represents the Bentley the best. The Bentley Supersports Continental is a luxury car all about Power and Versatility. I included the 2 main themes of the car along the street in the background. Near the top of the poster, a description of the car's design is featured in old looking font due to the location. The poster is in a European town that is particularly old looking and therefore the font relates to the background location. The city street was changed to make the viewer focus on the Bentley because at the end of the day, the car is the main focus on the poster. It stands out and I feel that I achieved my goal to make the focus, the car. The colours make the poster work well together and a successful car poster. The rule of thirds was also implemented in the poster so that the main objects and focuses in the poster are in the viewer's natural line of sight. If a grid of 9 squares is imagined, the Bentley is placed at the intersection of 2 lines away from the center of the poster. The center is rather empty with only the photo's vanishing point and sky in view. The rule of thirds aided successfully in leading the viewer's eyes to the most important part of the poster. The reason I didn't choose my other car posters was because I felt they weren't the best poster at making the car the main focus. Although they might be more visually good looking, this poster includes all the right aspects to make a successful car poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment